Fitness Magazine Reveals Exclusive Survey Results
29% of women would be willing to move in with their mother-in-law if it meant reaching their ideal weight by their wedding day.
May 6, 2008, NEW YORK, NY—Eighty three percent of all brides-to-be want to slim down for their wedding, and they need to lose a lot—33% are hoping to unload 30 or more pounds before The Big Day.
Just how far will brides go to look their best? Fitness surveyed more than 1,000 of them and discovered that 36% would take weight loss pills or supplements, 1 in 7 would fast for a week and 6% would try plastic surgery in order to achieve wedding-day body bliss.
Full survey results are available. An excerpt below:
· Only 14% of brides-to-be say they are at their ideal weight.
· 1 in 5 women would postpone her nuptials if she wasn’t at her goal weight by her wedding day.
· 80 % of brides want a gown that conceals their belly; 46% want a dress that flaunts their cleavage; 32% of women say they want a gown that camouflages back fat.
· After losing weight for the wedding, 50% of women give themselves 12 months, tops, before they gain it back.
· While 83% of women want to lose weight before they walk down the aisle, just 34% of men do.
· 63% of brides say “my fiancé loves my body exactly as it is,” but the feeling isn’t mutual: Only 47% of engaged women say the same thing about their man.
· 1 in 3 brides purposely buys a dress that doesn’t fit. (22% buy one that’s too small, 11% purchase one that’s too big.)
· 17% of women admit to considering their friends’ weight when selecting bridesmaids, but only 5% encouraged them to shed the pounds.
· The top two tricks for losing weight: 43% of brides-to-be double their workout time and 41% go on a strict diet
· The celebrity bride women most want to look like? It’s a tie between Eva Longoria and Jennifer Lopez (27% each)
For more information on Fitness, log on to http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/.